Our ATSSA Flagger Training and Certification Course is approximately 4 hours on site at Northern Dame. Upon completion of the course and passing of the National Flagger Certification Exam, you'll be issued an ATSSA 4-year certification.
Course Objectives: The main objective of this course is to learn how to be a safe and effective flagger. To measure the success of this program, there are several things you should understand and be able to do when you are finished.
At the end of the class, you should be able to:
• Describe why proper flagger operations are important;
• List the abilities of a good flagger;
• Use standard references as they pertain to flagging control;
• Know proper flagger signal and procedures; and
• Know flagger practices for various typical situations.
Instructor: ATSSA (American Traffic Safety Services Association) Certified Flagger Instructor
Class Duration: 4 hours
Age Requirements: you do not have to be 18 to take the course, however, to work on a state project you must be 18 years of age.
Course Materials: Flagger Handbook, Flagger Workbook, Pencil, Test and Pencil (the flagger handbook, workbook and pencil are the clients to keep).
Training Method: Power Point presentation, class room interaction, hands-on flagger demonstration.
To officially be registered you shall:
• Complete a min. 4-hour ATSSA flagger course
• Pass flagger exam in accordance with your state’s requirements
• Pass all sections of the demonstration test